Tuesday 20 January 2009

The Hypogeum

So, here we are a few years down the line and I find that I want to stretch myself. No more short stories for me, especially naughty ones. Do you have any idea just how tedious and boring it is to write graphic sex scenes? Trust me, it is so boring, I was beginning to lose interest in writing altogether!

No, I wanted to write a full length novel... But what?

Let me tell you, a lot of brain storming went into this until I finally came up with what I think is a winning idea.

I looked around at all of the writers I knew and couldn't find anything even similar to my idea. So I bit the bullet and started planning it.

Eventually I came up with the title, The Hypogeum (yes it is a real word). The name of the book and all the main characters in it had names that were relevant to to their role. Buy the book, read it and look up the meanings of all the characters' first names if you don't believe me.

That's right! It's available for sale.

After it was completed and I eventually got tired of the plethora of literary agents beating a path away from my door, I thought I would try the self-publishing route with http://www.lulu.com/.

It worked and now The Hypogeum is on sale either as a download or as an honest-to-goodness old-fashioned printed book.

I must admit that it could be laid out slightly better, but as I am a novice at layouts and what with having to do everything myself, learning at each step of the journey, I have produced a book that I am very proud of. Not only that, but it will be available for sale on Amazon sometime in March 2009! WooHoo!

Check it out here: The Hypogeum

Go on. I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment